Thursday, January 27, 2005

Finally! A voice of reason!

I was listening to NPR on my way home tonight. Which is unusual these days - I basically quit listening around a year ago - I was tired of the constant fundraising (What used to be a biannual drive has turned into "buy chocolates for valentines day" "buy flowers for mothers day" "buy our special Car Talk tie for fathers day" and so on, ad nauseum), and couldn't take listening to all the election talk. Everything Bush says or does pisses me off, so I decided that it was very unhealty for me to live my life in that state of constant angst.

....Anyway.... I was driving M's car home rather than mine - I have a cd player in mine so I've taken to listening to books on CD to keep my mind occupied. His doesn't, so I was listening to "On Point" on NPR.

Tonight's guest was Jim Wallis, author of God's Politics : Why the Right Gets It Wrong and the Left Doesn't Get It. What a breath of fresh air! Finally, someone who thinks the way I do about things like the war in Iraq, morals (yes, I am a moral person even though I do not believe in organized religion), the downfall of families (not due to gay marriage), how we as a society should be addressing poverty, terrorism.... and on and on. And of course, he's way more articulate about it that I am.

Now we just have to find a candidate who espouses those views, instead of the way the democrats have been acting for the last 4+ years, trying to be "Republican lite" instead of offering a true alternative. I think that if they followed what I heard Mr. Wallis talking about tonight, they would find that it resonates with a huge majority of the populace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home